Selecting a bridal slip to match your robe can enhance the overall look and comfort of your wedding attire. Here are some tips for choosing the right bridal slip to complement your robe:
1. Consider the Robe Style:
- The style of your robe will influence the type of slip you need. For a satin or silk robe, a sleek and seamless slip might be ideal. For a lace or sheer robe, you might opt for a slip that has its own lace or sheer elements to coordinate.
2. Match the Color:
- Choose a slip that matches the color of your robe. This ensures that the slip doesn't show through the robe and creates a cohesive look.
3. Length Matters:
- Select a slip length that matches or complements the length of your robe. If you have a full-length robe, choose a full-length slip. If your robe is shorter, a shorter slip is appropriate. Some full length robes look amazing with both short and long slips!
4. Fabric Harmony:
- Consider the fabric of your robe and choose a slip that complements it. If your robe is satin, opt for a satin slip. If your robe is lace, a lace slip can be a beautiful choice.
5. Thickness and Opacity:
- Depending on the transparency of your robe, you may need a slip with varying degrees of opacity. A sheer robe may require a more opaque slip to maintain modesty.
6. Style Elements:
- If your robe has specific style elements, such as lace, bows, or embroidery, look for a slip that includes similar design elements to create a harmonious and coordinated look.
7. Comfort and Fit:
- Prioritize comfort and fit when selecting a slip. It should feel comfortable against your skin and fit well without being too tight or too loose.
8. Slip Shape:
- Choose the slip shape that complements your body and the style of your robe. Options include A-line slips, mermaid slips, and full slips.
9. Try It On Together:
- Whenever possible, try on your robe and the chosen slip together to ensure they create the desired look and fit. This will help you identify any adjustments that may be needed.
- Depending on the style of your robe and slip, you might need to make slight alterations to ensure they work seamlessly together. A tailor can help with this.
Ultimately, the goal of the bridal slip is to enhance the look of your robe, provide comfort, and maintain modesty. By paying attention to details such as color, fabric, style, and fit, you can select a bridal slip that complements your robe and adds an extra layer of elegance to your wedding attire.
At Amore Collective Sydney, we're here to act as your wedding day accessory stylists! Get in touch to book an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 473 623.
Don't forget to check out our bridal robes below:
Don't forget to check out our bridal slips below:
Check out our latest stock on our instagram!